HOW DO I VOLUNTEER WITH USA HOCKEY - Coaching, Managing & Volunteering
The first thing you need to do who if you are interested in volunteering with youth hockey (every year), either coaching, assisting on the ice or even assisting coaches on the bench, is to register with USA Hockey. Every adult volunteer must register as either an Ice Player/Coach (if you will be on the ice for practices) or Manager/Volunteer (if you will assist off the ice with the players, such as a bench coach).
Register with USA Hockey
1) On & Off Ice Roles
1) Ice Players & Coaches (required if you will be on the ice), fee $40
2) Ice Managers & Volunteers (assisting on the bench, off the ice), free
· If you are going to be on the ice for skills or practices, continue to Step 2.
2) On Ice (Coaches, Assistants)
· Locate and register for a USA Hockey Coaching Clinic; http://www.usahockey.com/coachingclinics
· Complete the Age Specific Modules (Mite, Squirt, etc.) for the highest level you will Coach
Must attend the required clinic and complete the necessary online age-specific module(s) by December 31 of the current playing season to continue coaching on January 1.
USA HOCKEY COACH FAQ’s
FAQ section under Coaches where most of your questions, including those below, will be answered;
· WHAT LEVEL CERTIFICATION DO I NEED TO COACH THIS YEAR?
· HOW MANY CLINICS CAN I REGISTER FOR IN A CLINIC SEASON?
· MY LEVEL (1/2/3) IS EXPIRED or EXPIRING THIS DECEMBER, WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
· HOW MANY TIMES CAN I DO THE ONLINE LEVEL 3 RECERTIFICATION?
· I WAS TOLD MY LEVEL 4 AND 5 CERTIFICATION WAS VALID FOR LIFE, WHY DO I HAVE TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE AGE-SPECIFIC MODULE(S)?
· USA HOCKEY’S REFUND/TRANSFER POLICY FOR CLINICS LEVEL 1, 2, 3 & 4